Monday, June 22, 2009

Adventures in the Bookstore...

So...today I ventured down to my local Books-A-Million in search of a summer read. While there I purchase what I'm sure will be one of my new favorite books, sTORI Telling. In addition, I bought Italian: A Self-Teaching Guide for my trip in September. On my way to the register I walk through the U.S. History section, or history in the making section, or whatever the section where they have all the books about current politics and hot topics is called. In this section I see no less than 50-100 different books all about Obama and his life and family. Amidst these books I find approximately 10-15 different books about how the GOP can once again rise to the top, how the south will rise again, how Reagan was one of the smartest men to ever be leader of our country. Basically all books contradicting everything the current administration stands for. Then, I look right in the middle of the books about Obama and find "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Islam" as well as a few other books all about Islam. Once seeing this I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of these books placed on the same shelf. It also makes me wonder what message my local Books-A-Million is trying to send. Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment